New Community Titles Act 2018
Timings are indicative and subject to change.
Since 2019 | Targeted consultations and drafting of regulations
- Landgate and the Department of Planning, Lands and Heritage have been working closely on the development of regulations to support the Community Titles Act 2018 since 2019.
- This work continues to include targeted consultations with industry and government.
November - December 2020 | Public consultation
- Consultation on the draft Community Titles Regulations 2020 was open between 9 November and 9 December 2020.
December 2020 – June 2021 | Finalisation of regulations and commencement
- Landgate and Department of Planning, Lands and Heritage will review feedback received.
- Regulations finalised and delivered to Parliament for their consideration.
- Depending on the Parliamentary process, the Community Titles Act 2018 is expected to commence by mid-2021.
Amended Strata Titles Act 1985
1 May 2020 | Commencement date
The amended Strata Titles Act 1985 took effect on 1 May 2020. There are grace periods set for select new requirements to ensure those affected have adequate time to meet them. See timeline for change for more details.
January to April 2020 | Parliamentary process
October to December 2019 | Regulations finalised and delivered to Parliament
- All feedback received during the consultation period was reviewed.
- Proposed Strata Titles (General) Regulations 2019 were finalised and delivered to Parliament.
- The Strata Titles (General) Regulations 2019 were published in the Government Gazette on 31 December 2019.
September 2019 | Community consultation
- Proposed Strata Titles (General) Regulations 2019 were published on strata.wa.gov.au for people to view and comment on.
- A series of community information sessions were held across Perth metropolitan and regional locations as part of the State Government’s consultation on changes to WA’s strata framework.