Amended Strata Titles Act 1985
1 May 2020 | Proposed commencement date
- The amended Strata Titles Act 1985 is proposed to commence on 1 May 2020. However, it is important to remember this date is subject to the parliamentary process and may change as a result.
- Landgate expects to provide confirmation on the proposed commencement date in April 2020.
April 2020 | Community readiness sessions
- Free readiness sessions will be held to support West Australians in preparing for commencement of the amended Strata Titles Act 1985.
- Session dates and locations are expected to be made available in March 2020 - Subscribe for updates.
January to April 2020 | Parliamentary process
Proposed Strata Titles (General) Regulations 2019 are required to be scrutinised by Parliament and proceed through several important steps, including:
- Tabling to the Joint Standing Committee on Delegated Legislation.
- Tabling before each house of Parliament.
- Allowing 14 sitting days for each house of Parliament (during which the regulations are disallowable).
October to December 2019 | Regulations finalised and delivered to Parliament
- All feedback received during the consultation period was reviewed.
- Proposed Strata Titles (General) Regulations 2019 were finalised and delivered to Parliament.
- The Strata Titles (General) Regulations 2019 were published in the Government Gazette on 31 December 2019.
September 2019 | Community consultation
- Proposed Strata Titles (General) Regulations 2019 were published on strata.wa.gov.au for people to view and comment on.
- A series of community information sessions were held across Perth metropolitan and regional locations as part of the State Government’s consultation on changes to WA’s strata framework.
Community Titles Act 2018
August 2019 to December 2020 | Drafting, consultation and finalising regulations
- Landgate continues targeted consultations and drafting associated with the proposed Community Titles (General) Regulations 2020.
- Proposed Community Titles (General) Regulations 2020 finalised and delivered to Parliament.