Amended Strata Titles Act 1985
1 May 2020 | Commencement date
The amended Strata Titles Act 1985 took effect on 1 May 2020. There are grace periods set for select new requirements to ensure those affected have adequate time to meet them. See timeline for change for more details.
January to April 2020 | Parliamentary process
October to December 2019 | Regulations finalised and delivered to Parliament
- All feedback received during the consultation period was reviewed.
- Proposed Strata Titles (General) Regulations 2019 were finalised and delivered to Parliament.
- The Strata Titles (General) Regulations 2019 were published in the Government Gazette on 31 December 2019.
September 2019 | Community consultation
- Proposed Strata Titles (General) Regulations 2019 were published on strata.wa.gov.au for people to view and comment on.
- A series of community information sessions were held across Perth metropolitan and regional locations as part of the State Government’s consultation on changes to WA’s strata framework.
Community Titles Act 2018
August 2019 to December 2020 | Drafting, consultation and finalising regulations
- Landgate continues targeted consultations and drafting associated with the proposed Community Titles (General) Regulations 2020.
- Proposed Community Titles (General) Regulations 2020 finalised and delivered to Parliament.