New Community Titles Act 2018
Timings are indicative and subject to change.
Since 2019 | Targeted consultations and drafting of regulations
- Landgate and the Department of Planning, Lands and Heritage have been working closely on the development of regulations to support the Community Titles Act 2018 since 2019.
- This work continues to include targeted consultations with industry and government.
October - November 2020 | Public consultation and finalisation of regulations
- Consultation on the proposed Community Titles (General) Regulations, followed by the review of feedback received and the subsequent finalisation of the regulations.
- Subscribe here to be notified when consultation on the proposed regulations becomes available.
December 2020 – February 2021 | Parliamentary process
- Regulations to be delivered to Parliament for their consideration.
March – May 2021 | Commencement
- Depending on the Parliamentary process, the Community Titles Act 2018 will commence during this period.
Amended Strata Titles Act 1985
1 May 2020 | Commencement date
The amended Strata Titles Act 1985 took effect on 1 May 2020. There are grace periods set for select new requirements to ensure those affected have adequate time to meet them. See timeline for change for more details.
January to April 2020 | Parliamentary process
October to December 2019 | Regulations finalised and delivered to Parliament
- All feedback received during the consultation period was reviewed.
- Proposed Strata Titles (General) Regulations 2019 were finalised and delivered to Parliament.
- The Strata Titles (General) Regulations 2019 were published in the Government Gazette on 31 December 2019.
September 2019 | Community consultation
- Proposed Strata Titles (General) Regulations 2019 were published on strata.wa.gov.au for people to view and comment on.
- A series of community information sessions were held across Perth metropolitan and regional locations as part of the State Government’s consultation on changes to WA’s strata framework.